These items are strictly prohibited from our games.
Oakland Roots are committed to providing a safe environment. In addition to the Code of Conduct, the following prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- Animals (registered service animals are permitted)
- Hard sided coolers
- Glass containers and/or bottles
- Laptops and Tablets
- Food, unless cut into pieces
- Outside alcohol
- Weapons of any kind
- Pepper spray, mace, aerosol spray, tear gas
- Items deemed to be in violation of Oakland Roots SC Code of Conduct
- No Flares, Fireworks, smoke bombs, flares, sparkles, etc. unless you please pre-register and retrieve pre-approval from Oakland Roots representative firstname.lastname@example.org. On arrival, please check-in with print out of approval.
- Strollers and car seats inside the stadium in the seating area. These can be checked into guest services
- Laser pointers
- Lawn furniture and coolers
- Scooters, roller blades, skateboards etc. inside the stadium
- Drugs/illegal substances
- Flammable liquids
- Sticks, poles, flags or banners larger than 3 feet x 5 feet (except as noted below for supporters groups)
- Banners, signs and flags that do not comply with the Code of Conduct
- Banners, signs and flags that obstruct the view of guests or block stadium signage
- Banners and signs constructed of wood, metal or any other material that may cause harm to others as determined by stadium management.
- Banners, signs and flags may not be utilized during the run of play and can be removed if they are obstructing views.
- Banners and signs that are not event-related.
- Banners and signs that are commercial or offensive in nature.
- Signs that are not hand-held.
- Tripods, monopods, cameras with large lenses (over 3”), except for credentialed members of the media
- Non-Clear Bags. All Bags must comply with the Clear Bag Policy; one large clear bag – either a one-gallon Ziploc style bag or 14″ x 6″ x 14″ clear bag – plus a small clutch.
- Drones (UAVs) of any kind
- Noisemakers including plastic horns/vuvuzelas, air horns or whistles
- Small umbrellas are allowed on the grounds of Laney College, but may not be opened in seating sections.
- Any other items deemed dangerous or inappropriate
Guests found in possession of the above-mentioned prohibited items will be warned to remove and or dispose of it. No items may be left at the gate or guest services. All other items that enter Laney Football Stadium are subject to search. Guests who refuse to comply may be denied entry.
- Club approved supporter groups will be allowed to bring in PRE-APPROVED flags, tifos, streamers and poles when entering Oakland Roots entry- they will be sent to a designated security check. These items must also meet the Code of Conduct standards, both in messaging and images, they display and exhibit their support of Oakland Roots SC. Signs that are not pre-approved will not be allowed in the stadium.
- Banners and signs are allowed in select areas, but may not obstruct the view of any guests, stadium signage or present any safety or fire hazards. These banners and signs must also abide by the Code of Conduct.
- Beverages – Empty drinking bottles allowed.
- Service animals are allowed.